We are thrilled to be working with the Teesside Family Foundation this Spring, this is a fantastic local cause which benefits many people in the region.
“We aim to improve the quality of life to all of those in need in our community throughout Teesside, whether due to age, disability, ill health or financial hardship. We organise numerous charity events throughout the year to raise funds towards this goal and offer short breaks for those we support.”
Here are some of the great projects that Teesside Family Foundation are currently working on:
- Donating £15,000 every year to tackle poverty in Teesside, supporting families in crisis, homelessness, veterans who have fallen on hard times, domestic violence survivors, Children in Care, the Elderly, and family welfare groups.
- Tony’s Challenge 2022 – To cycle virtually from Teesside Airport to Lapland in the North Pole, a total of 2250 miles in 330 days. The target is to raise £20,000 which will send very special Teesside families to Lapland in the North Pole, for the most magical experience and to meet Santa Claus.
- Pledging £1,000 per month to support grassroots sports clubs by sponsoring teams and providing much needed sports equipment.
- Funding of specialist equipment for children/adults with physical/cognitive disabilities.
- Offering 140 Teesside families a free holiday every year to their holiday home in Filey.
- Recognising a local person/group who has gone above and beyond in the community with their Shining Star Award.
Teesside Family Foundation have been running monthly competitions in conjunction with The Parkmore Hotel, for local people to nominate somebody who may deserve a relaxing morning/afternoon of spa time followed by their choice of Afternoon Tea or a 2 course meal, if you know somebody who you feel is deserving of this, visit their Facebook page for more information! This is part of their Random Acts of Kindness initiative that lots of Teesside businesses are getting involved with.
Please follow this link for more information on how you can support the Teesside Family Foundation through sponsors or donating an Easter Egg for their 2022 appeal: