Top Tips For Newly Engaged Couples
Newly Engaged? Here are our Top Tips!
Did you get engaged over the festive period? If so, congratulations! Over 40% of UK engagements happen over the Christmas period and Valentine’s Day, so January is always an extremely busy time for the wedding industry!
You may still be enjoying life in your newly engaged bubble, or you might be straight into the wedding planning – this can often be quite overwhelming for couples as it seems like there are a million things to do.
Here are our top tips for just starting out in your wedding planning journey to try and make the process a bit simpler:
- The best thing to do first is to sit down with your partner and agree your approximate guest list, wedding date, budget and what sort of wedding vibe you are going for – based on these decisions, it will make your venue search much easier.
- Next, it is time to choose your venue! I recommend visiting a few places to get a good feel of what’s out there. Why not come visit us at The Parkmore on the last weekend in January for our Wedding Showcase to see how we could be the perfect venue for your big day?!
- When your venue has been chosen, booking your Ceremony can then follow – whether that be in a local Church or a Civil Ceremony onsite at the venue. We are able to host ceremonies for up to 80 people and you would need to book this directly with Stockton Registrars, although we can point you in the right direction, they will guide you through the legalities.
- Now all the fun stuff can begin! Like choosing your colour scheme, booking other suppliers such as, photographer/ decor/ florist/ wedding cake/ make up and hair/ entertainment. At The Parkmore we have a whole host of recommended suppliers that are here for most of our weddings, they know the venue well and we all work brilliantly as a team to ensure your wedding planning is as smooth as possible.
- Once everything is booked, things will start to fall into place, you will have meetings with your venue, send out your invites, gather menu choices, buy your outfits and then enjoy the lead up to the day! Our team is always on hand for any questions you may have – whether that be related to the venue or not, so please feel free to call or email any time!
The Parkmore Hotel Wedding Showcase is happening on Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th January from 9am – 4pm on both days.
If you would like to book an appointment call our events team on 01642 786815.